02 February 2007

Army Training sir!!!

Hello all. Just wanted to give you an update. I am finishing my first week of training at Fort Jackson, SC and I have a newfound respect for the Army Infantryman. After marching around with 100 extra pounds of weapons, body armor and other gear I realize how difficult it is. Here is a picture of me in full combat gear, or as the Drill Instructors (DIs) call it, "Full Battle Rattle". It is a sight to see. I have placed two pictures of me in shooting stances, prone and kneeling, and one with Seiko Okano. She went through Plebe summer at the USNA with me and is now going through this training, which sometimes feels like Plebe Summer all over again. I am making friends with all of us going to the same jobs so we have a good network. It is busy here with classroom training and weapons qualifications.
I am working hard and having as much fun as possible. I am trying to keep this updated as often as possible and hope to have some more good pictures for you. Well, that is all for now. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to talk to some of you all before I go overseas. Take care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MBFAM,

George,

Great blog and pics...now just make sure you keep your ass down low when you are in that prone position...no scars on the cubanos bubble!!!! Heather would kill (I pitty the fool who would even think of it). Will call you this week to say goodbye before you shove off. Stay safe and keep your blog as updated as possible...we'll be checking back regularly. BEST--Doug

07 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home